Thursday, June 27, 2013

praise to the man

"...who communed with Jehovah!
Jesus anointed that Prophet and Seer.
Blessed to open the last dispensation,
Kings shall extol him, and nations revere."

Today marks the 169th anniversary of the martyrdom of the Prophet Joseph Smith.

I watched this clip...



...and reflected on; my testimony, how much Emma and Joseph sacrificed, watching her watch her husband ride away knowing he wouldn't come back broke my heart... I can't imagine....I thought about what it means to me to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life.

I'm forever grateful that a young man with a lot of questions did as James directs and he asked of God. I'm forever grateful that Christ restored His church back to the Earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith. Giving us that proper authority to perform saving ordinances. He was ridiculed, beat, and hated.... still is. But he went on. He never once denied anything. Neither did the witnesses. He lived and died for truth! I'm forever grateful for his sacrifice that would bring millions the peace and happiness that the gospel of Jesus Christ brings.

I know he was a true Prophet of God and because of that I have more tools to bring me closer to my Savior Jesus Christ. More scriptures to read, the fullness of the gospel, the Priesthood of God in my home, the plan of salvation, and so much more...

The gospel of Jesus Christ has given me so much peace, happiness, faith, hope, and assurance in my life. Life changes, a lot sometimes, but the gospel never does... it's always been there for me! My Savior's always been there for me! It fills my heart and soul with joy. 

It makes me want to be a better person. It makes me want to love as Christ loves and forgive as Christ forgives. It makes me want to live life to the fullest. It makes me want to learn new things and grow. It makes me want to travel the world and see all different walks of life and serve. It makes me want to be successful. It makes me want to have a beautiful family that knows and loves the Lord.

Thank you Heavenly Father for giving us a Savior, an example and friend. Thank you for restoring His gospel and giving us all the tools we need to live a happy and successful life. Thank you for paving the way so that I can return to You.

Thank you Facebook for reminding me of this anniversary and giving me the chance to reflect and fill my heart with the spirit, joy, and gratitude.

See, Facebook is good! :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment